Development (Fund Raising) Executive, Mumbai
This is a position for a Development (Fund Raising) Executive to join our team in our head office in Mumbai. The Development (Fund Raising) Executive will work with the Manager - Development to develop and manage relationship with the donors by ensuring regular communications and adherence to reporting timelines with donors.
Development (Fund Raising) Executive
- Manage relationships with current donors (including impact investors, venture philanthropists, high net-worth individuals, foundations and corporate organizations).
- Ensure regular communications and adherence to reporting timelines with donors.
- Liaise with various departments within EG to collect and present relevant information to stakeholders.
- Develop letter of interests, grant applications, proposals, award applications etc.
- Research and tracking of potential funding sources to help improvise the fundraising strategy.
- Conceptual work: strategy, concepts and presentations: 30%
- Writing: reports, proposals 70%
- Assist in managing EG’s relationships with donors. Facilitate timely delivery of reports while managing donor expectations and adhering to the reporting timeline (write & review reports).
- Prepare stakeholder specific reports and assist in completing the due diligence requirements of donors by coordinating and collating data from Impact, Finance, Program, HR team.
- Manage and update the internal donor management system (Salesforce) and ensure all prospective and current donor details are accurately recorded in the donor database.
- Research & selection of online fundraising / crowd funding platforms best suited. Also, manage Educate Girls campaigns on the existing and new platforms.
- Support Manager and Senior Manager – Development in representation activities with donors and strengthen EG’s donor base for sustainability of the organizations activities.
- Work closely with finance, program, and M&E departments on KPIs, budget requirements, and program activities to develop proposals.
- Manage and maintain all Educate Girls funding profiles, complete application of interests, grant applications, proposals, and award applications.
Required Experience, Skills and Attitude
- Graduate/ Post graduate degree in social sciences, development studies, business management or equivalent qualification preferred.
- 1-2 years and above of professional experience in fundraising, reporting, writing proposals, grant applications preferably in an NGO.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds, at all management levels
- Ability to coordinate with departments, organize and prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office-Excel, Power point, Word
- Commitment to Educate Girls’ mission and values
- Gender sensitivity
- The Development Executive will report to the Manager - Development
- Time Commitment-Full-time
- Minimum 3-4 days of travel at least once a month to program sites in Rajasthan