Development (Fund Raising) Manager - Corporate, Mumbai
This is a position for a Development (Fund Raising) Manager – Corporate to join our team at our head office in Mumbai. EG is experiencing rapid growth and over the next 2 years will add 6 districts to its operations. The Development (Fund Raising) Manager will work with Senior Manager – Development and Director - Development to develop and manage relationship with Indian Corporate donors by ensuring regular communications and adherence to reporting timelines with donors.
Development (Fund Raising) Manager - Corporate
- Develop, manage and implement a fundraising strategy in conjunction with Senior Manager –Development and Director - Development with main focus on corporate sector
- Primary responsibility of mobilizing funds from Corporations (listed and unlisted) and build a sustainable pipeline
- Focus on developing partnerships and strategic engagements with Corporates across geographies and sectors, including but not limited to CSR funding, co-branding, volunteering, payroll-giving etc.
- Lead the fundraising initiatives to meet organizational targets, strategize corporate fundraising, implement and build team and organizational capabilities
- Research and tracking of potential corporate funding sources to help improvise the fundraising strategy
- Develop letter of interests, grant applications, proposals, award applications etc.
- Liaise with various departments within EG to collect and present relevant information to stakeholders
- Ensure regular communications and adherence to reporting timelines with existing donors
- Manage relationships with current and new corporate donors
- Development: networking, fund-raising: 60%
- Writing: proposals, presentations: 40%
- Analyse, implement and monitor new growth potentials by introducing new fundraising channels, up scaling existing activities and introducing innovative activities for fundraising.
- Proactively network and collaborate with a range of stakeholders with a key focus on corporate entities, partner NGOs and the communities to synergize broader development efforts, build relevant partnerships and enhance opportunities.
- Develop partnerships and strategic engagements with corporate entities across geographies and sectors, including but not limited to CSR funding, co-branding, volunteering, payroll-giving etc.
- Work closely with the development and program teams within the organization to improve efficacy of outreach to corporate donor entities.
- Develop a comprehensive corporate resource mobilization and donor management plan to ensure identification, nurturing and management of potential and current corporate donors.
- Implement the fundraising strategy and be accountable to mobilize funds from corporations (listed and unlisted) as per agreed income goals.
- Ensure a sustainable pipeline of corporate donor support to manage the existing program and to meet growth and expansion needs of the organization.
- Lead and participate in activities to help improve the corporate fundraising strategy and
- Fundraising outcomes, including:
Develop and present periodic updates on current and potential key accounts for review with the senior management team,
- Be informed of team capabilities in context of corporate donor requirements and identify training and process needs for review by senior management and,
- Coordinate and participate in initiatives to build team and organization capabilities towards improving engagement with corporate donor entities.
- Support the Director and Senior Manager – Development in representation activities with corporate donors.
- Reach out to potential donors and ensure adequate follow-up to include developing:
- Project proposals
- Concept notes
- Letters of interest
- Grant applications
- Award applications
- Conceptualize, plan and execute fundraising events in conjunction with the designated team of funder corporations.
- Develop communication materials to support the fundraising strategy in consultation with the communications team.
- Manage relationships with current and new corporate donors.
- Gain appreciation of donor reporting needs on a continuing basis and ensure timely reporting and due diligence as per donor expectations.
- Liaise with different departments in the organization to collect and collate relevant information for donor reports.
- Manage updation of the internal donor management system and ensure that all prospective and current corporate donor details are accurately recorded in the donor database.
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation of fundraising activities and achievements related to agreed targets and cost/income ratio.
- Liaise with Monitoring & Evaluation team and third party impact evaluation agencies to ensure smooth evaluation of the program
Required Experience, Skills and Attitude
- Graduate / Post graduate (preferred) degree in social sciences, development studies, business management or equivalent qualification preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years and above of professional experience in fundraising from Corporates, business development, writing proposals, grant applications preferably in an NGO
- Hands on experience of the broad selling process to Corporates, high net worth individuals (HNIs) or Key Account is desirable.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising
- Demonstrated experience at networking, negotiation and selling skills
- Someone who takes initiative to follow up as well as create new relationships so as to expand the existing network
- Experience of writing proposals and reports for the specific purpose of fund raising
- The Development Manager will report to the Senior Manager - Development
- Time Commitment-Full-time
- Minimum 3-4 days of travel at least once a month to program sites in Rajasthan