Director Finance, Mumbai
The position heads the Finance within the organisation. While answerable for the Finance functions, s/he holds authority over decisions regarding income, costs, investments, payments etc. The position works closely with other members of the senior management team on matters like financial sustainability and organisational growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Tracking, reviewing, analyzing and managing financial flows and budgets on a regular basis for core and project finances.
- Supervising several project grants and financial reporting to donors on the utilization of funds.
- Coordinating the development of core and project budgets; developing grant budgets; negotiating, coordinating and administering grants and contracts.
- Enhance internal financial and administrative system and accounting practices, with the goal of timely and accurate tracking of expense on projects throughout India and core expenses incurred from various offices in Head Office and the field.
- Overseeing, reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics.
- Comply with financial due diligences, periodic reporting (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual) and audit requirements from donors.
- Liaise with Senior Management team on all operational and administrative issues.
- Provide leadership, supervise and train Finance, Accounts teams in the organization.
- Ensuring timely statutory compliances and adherence to Income Tax Act, Companies Act and FCRA regulations etc. (with support of internal auditor and company secretary).
- Manage the Internal and Statutory Auditors, plan audit calendar and respond to audit findings and recommendations.
- Present quarterly update on financial utilization and variance analysis to the Board on core and specific projects.
- Work closely with Executive Director and apprise her of the financial aspects of key proposals and projects.
- Represent Educate Girls in various forums as and when designated by the organization.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Post-Graduate – Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance
- Have minimum of 12-15 years of core experience in management of financial flows, donor reporting, internal control mechanisms, organization performance management matrix, compliances preferably from NGOs / MFI / for profit organizations with budget of more than 15-20 crores
- Good knowledge of computer- Windows & Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent Management of Excel
- Organization and management skills
- Problem Solving skills with a solution oriented focus
- Excellent communication skills both oral & written
- Innovation and intuition and ability to delegate tasks
- Detail oriented and key negotiator
- Report to: Executive Director
- Functional reportees: Dy. Sr. Manager Finance & Manager – Donor reporting
- Work with: Executive Director & Finance