Impact Manager, Mumbai
The Impact Manager should establish and coordinate a robust Monitoring and Research system for Educate Girls in accordance with the overall MIS design and impact assessment framework developed and objectively measure impact against a set of output and impact indicators; using strong evidence base in close coordination and support of the Senior Manager Program. Work through the field impact team in implementation of the data collection and validation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create overall monitoring and research strategy.
- Supervise all monitoring and research related activities to ensure quality.
- Play a key role in the development of the “Result-Based System”;
- Develop clear and user friendly M&R Framework and monitoring tools for EG interventions and coordinate M&R staff in the field;
- To identify, collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate research information on key indicators and issues of strategic importance to the schools and other stakeholders in order to enhance the ability of CEO and COO, acquire support for the activity of the schools;
- Guide the overall Monitoring & Research (M&R) strategy, development and implementation of the M&R systems;
- Develop, implement, and manage systems and procedures to meet the information needs of higher staff and other members of the project;
- Prepare detailed and up-to-date research briefings and data base on the project in order to obtain optimal outcomes;
- Improving quality of project design, implementation and reporting on technical and operational aspects of EG projects and related reforms;
- Supervision of monitoring activity planning and scheduling action plan for monitoring and documentation;
- Render advice on all matters pertaining to education enhancement, community participation in education;
- Put in place research, monitoring and coordination capacity, build database in the areas of education, skill development, develop concept notes and undertake research and guidance tasks in areas of education;
- Assess the monitoring and training needs for the project;
- Ensure that information related to identified indicators/elements are adequately captured in data bases, analyzed and the emerging findings applied in practice;
- Monitor the project activities and ensure proper implementation of education related projects and overall impact of project activities;
- Organize research studies, surveys etc., document learned lessons& disseminate good practices
- Implementation and ensuring timely execution of research activities;
- Ensure timely submission of reports as per plans and compile the Project Reports;
- Regular sharing of the outputs of M&R findings with SMT;
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, analysis of projects’ and other ad hoc reports, and preparation of management briefs outlining progress, performance and trends towards achieving set targets; and
- Carryout any other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Lead the Monitoring and Evaluation framework independently for the DIB (Bhilwara).
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Masters or doctoral degree in Social Sciences, with practical experience of working in areas related to education and research
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a responsible position in issues relating to education and research
- Experience in designing & conducting education related surveys and projects in the field of education and research
- Coordination skills, ability to work in a team with other professionals
- Strong networking and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Highest integrity, maturity and professionalism
- Effective communication skills in English and Hindi, both written and verbal
- This position will report to the National Manager - Impact
- Time Commitment-Full-time
- Minimum 3-4 days of travel at least once a month to program sites in Rajasthan